Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The First Post




So I've decided to write a blog. For a number of reasons, although whether anyone wants to read is a different issue entirely. The reasons aren’t that exciting, I have a lot of time, I’ve been told that it’s a decent career move (as long as you don’t write embarrassing things I guess) and I’m hoping that I might find some stuff to say.

I'm already finding the blogging thing difficult though, coming up with a name is probably the most I’ve had to think since I started my year abroad. ‘Theonlyquestioniswhy’, maybe not the best name but I’m not overly creative and after a great weekend with my sister I realised that my main question to people in life is why? Not in an emo, fml way but in a ‘why are you doing that? It makes no sense, I don’t understand, are you insane’ kind of way. Since coming to Germany I’d say that I wonder why things are happening on a daily basis. Today I had an exam on the levels of dust particles in the air, a huge why moment in my life.

I’m not totally decided what this blog is going to be about. I’m probably going to write about things that are happening in my life, interspersed with things I enjoy and therefore I’m sure other people would love to hear about. I’m hoping this ends up being less embarrassing than other social media things I’ve done. My old Myspace ‘about me’ section seems to come back to haunt me on a regular basis…pretty awkward. But anyway thought I’d give it a go, we’ll see what happens.

By the way the picture is of some graffiti in Tübingen. It means ‘Falafel never changes’….pretty profound. It’s actually to do with some rivalry between two graffiti groups, Falafel and Currywurst, another pretty big why moment about the daily occurrences in German life. 

1 comment:

  1. The title alone sums you up, can't wait to read more! Also, lol at the falafel and currywurst rivalry. Love Germany.

    ReplyDelete